What is Barclaycard?
Barclaycard is the arm of Barclays that offers services for merchants, that is, businesses who wish to sell products and services and take payments electronically. Barclaycard processes these payments made to your business on your behalf, opening the door to a more modern way of interacting with your customers.
They offer solutions suitable for retail, finance, utilities, telecoms, and hospitality so, whichever industry your business is in, Barclaycard is likely to provide services that work for you.
Key Benefits of Barclaycard
Barclaycard offers solutions suitable for a variety of industries, which enable businesses like yours to:
- Get access to your money faster
- Offer more ways to pay
- Access useful data and reporting
As well as the above, Barclaycard also provides features like single-source, which
takes care of all your payment needs through just one provider, and data insights, which allows your business to stay ahead of the game. In addition, Barclaycard merchant accounts also offer fraud protection through their Barclaycard Transact feature.
Barclaycard Card Readers
As well as offering an account to process payments, Barclaycard also sets you up with a card machine to actually take payments. They have a range of machines on offer, each designed for slightly different needs. The kinds of card machines they provide are:
- Smartpay Touch: features a full touchscreen and user-friendly interface. It comes with a minimum 12-month contract duration with no initial charges. However, it has the highest monthly cost at £29.
- Flex Mobile: equipped with a sizable screen and a conventional design, the Flex Mobile requires a minimum 18-month contract, and there are no initial setup costs. The monthly charge is £15.
- Barclaycard Anywhere: the fundamental card reader, offering straightforward chip-and-PIN and contactless functions. It has no monthly costs, but there is an initial cost of £29.
Each card machine comes with a cost per transaction, with the fee you pay depending on the price plan you choose.
Read our blog on Barclaycard's payment systems to find out more.
Is Barclaycard Good For Small Businesses?
Barclaycard provides merchant services to both small, large and enterprise businesses, helping them accept card payments from customers.
Accepting card payments allows small business owners to take their company to the next level and if your business is just getting started, Barclaycard may be the perfect choice for stepping into a more digitally oriented way of running your business.
Many small retailers trust Barclaycard to deliver reliable and secure payment solutions, so if you're looking for ways to increase your revenue and protect against fraud, or you want reliable hardware to take card payments, Barclaycard could be for you.